Save energy to save money with little or no investment
At Power of Clean Energy, we are passionate about delivering clean energy solutions that provide ROIs to our customers in just a few years or even a few months. However, there are a number of simple and inexpensive ways that companies can save energy and save money immediately. Listed below are some of our favorite ways to reduce your organization’s energy consumption before making a major investment in clean energy strategies.
Ideas to Easily Save Energy
- Unplug equipment when not in use (holidays and weekends): coffee makers, vending machines, microwaves and any other appliances or business equipment. Many devices continue to draw power, even if they are turned off.
- Alternatively, plug electronics into a ‘smart’ power strip that allows you to designate which electronics do not need power when they are not in use. Take advantage of sleep settings on any electronics that have this option.
- Reduce your paper consumption – print documents only when you must. This practice will reduce your paper usage as well as the energy that is consumed to operate printers.
- Conduct an after-hours audit to discover which devices are on that shouldn’t be on. Turn off all of your unnecessary interior lighting when not needed.
- Buy energy efficient devices – a small investment up front can result in energy savings that make a lot of sense in the long run. Look for the Energy Star label when buying devices. Energy Star-approved products use little to no energy when idle.
- Adjust thermostats accordingly for seasonal temperature changes or when buildings are empty.
- Make sure that areas in front of vents are clear of furniture, paper and other obstructions. If supply and return air vents are blocked, as much as 25 percent more energy is required to circulate and distribute warm or cool air.
- Replace filters in both supply and return air ducts and registers every ninety days.
- Review janitorial practices to reduce the hours that lights are turned on each day.
For a more detailed list please click on this link:
A strategic energy consumption reduction investment will drive more savings. If you’d like to hear more about our ROEˢᴹ (Return On Energyˢᴹ) approach for making the right investment in energy for your business, give us a call.